Wednesday, May 15, 2024

A little behind

 I'm a mite behind, but I have a plan to catch up a bit, and actually, this is my project so technically I control all the dates. I take it back, I'm right on schedule.

The next decade is devoted to roommates and folks I've shared households with. 

As always, it is tough to pare a sentiment down to a postcard, but I'm enjoying the limit, enjoying the effort to find the heart of what a person taught me or shared with me. It's never the only thing, but eliminating waffling is a good discipline for me. 

And the other thing I'm very very slowly letting go of is "getting it right". Is there a better way to say what I want to say? Probably. But I should go ahead and say, hey, person, you matter/mattered to me, influenced me, helped me, and if it isn't perfect, ah, well., nothing is.

It's very very slow, though. I still want to write little jewel-like poems for everyone. And instead sometimes I have to content myself with the equivalent of a hand-turkey drawing. 

On the plus side, hand turkey drawings are usually adorable!

No comments: