Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Interruptions

Don't tell anyone I work for, but I'm dreadful at multi-tasking. One-track mind, that's me. Can I accomplish many things at once? Yes. But not if you keep (that was one right there, someone had a question) interrupting me.

I really hate being interrupted. Watch, it will happen again before I even finish typing this sentence. . . ok, that time I got away without one, but (oh, there we go - had to send someone a fax) it won't last (and, as you note, didn't).

On the up side, today a school kid who came to see my children's show liked the show and gave me a purple rubber bracelet that says "Heluhelu" on it. What does that mean, I asked this very sweet girl. "I dunno," she said, with the classic kid I'm-not-supposed-to-know shrug, and then her friend flashed a sneaky little smile and said, "But it means you need to read eight books over the summer." Done. I was tricked into it but I'll make that commitment. I wonder if I can manage it without trying or whether it will take a little effort.

No comments: