Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Good Choking

It is very tiring to get choked to death on stage.  Very.

And a little creepy.

Turns out, I've never been choked to death on stage before - I've had my throat slit, and I've been stabbed to death in a swordfight, but this is the first time I've gotten to act out being throttled.  It's interesting, because it starts to feel like I am actually being strangled, and I have to go out of my way to breathe in and out to remind myself I can.  Even though I shouldn't because the audience is about three feet away and might spot me breathing while I'm being choked.

On a side note, it's actually waaaaay creepier to then die into a pool of blood on the floor that gradually seeps into my clothes as I lie there "dead".

This is all fiction, of course,  but if you have a secret distaste for me, you might want to catch this show.  I can actually think of a few people who might really enjoy watching me get choked to death - after all, since I can't breathe, I can't talk, so it effectively silences me, and that's something I know certain people have wanted to see happen.

No comments: