Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Quickie

Much better mood today, but as a side note to yesterday's post (and by the way, I have always truly loved Becky Meisenbach and owe her a huge email, which I hope to rectify soon...), I came up with a mini list.

CATCH PHRASES I HOPE NEVER TO HEAR AGAIN AFTER THIS SUMMER

(keep in mind most of my fellow workers are college-aged)

1. "He's in it to win it."

This is usually referring to someone's acting. What, exactly, are we trying to "win"? Me, I was trying to tell a story, I wasn't aware we were running a race of some kind. And in other uses, why on earth would you be in it without wanting to win it?

2. Anything being "fierce".

Really. Very little in summer stock musical theatre is that "fierce."

3. "I'll cut you."

Really, does anyone warrant "cutting" when your offense is that you might forget to hang up your apron or shawl?
(As a side note, I still enjoy a good "The Mailman's Got a Knife, He'll Cut You." Much more original.)

And that's enough for tonight. I'll be back tomorrow after losing my home and two of my daughters in Fiddler on the Roof.

No comments: