Monday, October 23, 2006

Beyond my means

The street I now live on is swanky. This condo is not entirely swanky - it's fairly modest, though very confortable and well fitted out. But the street itself has big masions and outrageous implications of wealth. This weekend, someone had a valet stand outside their house for their private party. How convenient. Apparently, George Bush had lunch with someone on the street last week when he was in town.

I am, clearly, living beyond my own income.

Also, I am grumpy and ill at ease. The weather makes me long for other times and places, and I get mired in nostaglia. But with no specific project on the horizon, I'm discouraged. I went to an audition last night, which was great, and have been doing a series of commercial ones, but no actual work has turned up yet. It's nice to have a rest, but now I'd like to get back to doing the things I love.

Which means I really should get out of my pajamas before noon, right?

1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Thank you for looking at my blog! Now that I've found a wireless spot in the area I've been reading yours. It's almost as good talking to you! You will always be one of the wisest and wittiest people I know. You need to be famous this instant. :)