Sunday, May 15, 2011

Adventure

I had an adventure!  I went somewhere new!  I talked to fun and intriguing people, saw beautiful and crazy things, ate way too much fantastic food, and got no sleep.

I also found a new drink of choice - the Moscow Mule.  I like it.  Give me another!

But now I have that back-from-a-magical-land-with-no-hope-of-return feeling (which feeling is trademarked and reserved for a friend's project).  Hopeless end-of-second-act, dark-night-of-the-soul music plays as I type.

And the ants, my mortal enemies, are back.  Argh.  It will be a long summer.

Funny story quickly becoming legend:

While I was in line for coffee one morning, a woman interuppted the ordering process to complain to the barista - she had an accent, French maybe?  Perhaps Austrian or Swiss?  "This sandwich," she was brandishing a plastic container full of sandwich, "it has come on a crossaint.  I don't eat crossaints.  I asked for bread." 

The barista replies, apologectically, "We don't have bread.  That's the way it comes ma'am.  That's normal."

Her reply, said with utter scorn, "For you.  I do not eat crossaints."

There was more to the conversation, but the plain, flat-out statement that such a thing was clearly not normal was so outrageously fantastic, so "It's the pictures that got small..." that we've begun to adopt the phrase elsewhere.  Try it - it's enormously satisfying.

No comments: