Monday, May 16, 2011

Oh, right....

I managed to walk right into the sharp oven door today (sharp because it's missing its cover, ow) and I was cursing and making arghy noises and my husband rushed in (the way he does when I make these noises, because as he confessed to me today, I sound as if I have chopped off my finger).  He put his arms around me and made kind soothing sounds and as I stood there, feeling pissy and in pain and pitiful, I actually said out loud....

"I know, I know.  I need to be in a play."

Because none of this raging bear in the woods act goes down when I feel actualized.  When I feel my soul is being used.  When I have worth because my energy is going into something I care about.

It sounds as if I am saying I wouldn't have walked into the oven door if I were in a play.  Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.  I wouldn't have.  Sound crazy?  Yes.  Held up by historical fact?  Yup.

You watch - all this self-pity and whining...it may not evaporate, but it will lighten considerably come June 6.  Well, I think.  I might not be quite excited enough for that project, but I think even a bit part in something will flip my switch to the "on" position.

I certainly hope so.  It's like having to wait for weeks between fixes.  One gets the DTs.

No comments: