Thursday, April 19, 2012

Well, this is working out fine

I am a little shocked, and I don't want to jinx it, but everything is going really well.  My show closed, I don't have anything booked, a few other things ended forever, and I am actually pretty chipper.  It's been a good week.  I had the good fortune to book a tiny little commercial - it'll be 15 seconds, and it'll play online and in local movie theatres, so of course it's not an enormous sum of money I'm making.  But it's fun, and I think I'll get a kick out of the end product, and I BOOKED SOMETHING.  I BOOOOOOOKKKKED SOMETHING, HOORAY!!

So it's been a super busy week, and I'm having lots of fun, and every single day this week I get to do something that reminds me I'm an actor.  Not a teacher, an actor.  Auditions, readings, bookings, voiceovers.  I won't get any of it until much much later, but I will earn a nice chunk of money this week from being an actor.  And I'm auditioning for stuff that would pay lots more if I could book it.

It feels great.  I want to stay like this forever.  And in theory, I should be able to keep this going through this summer because a vo/print project I worked on back in Oct/Nov/Dec is being extended through this summer.

And all at a time I thought I'd be depressed.  Thanks, universe.  I'd love a raging success, like booking the next awesome project or becoming the spokeswoman for something, but in the meantime, I am thrilled to be happy with the smaller achievements.  And with sunny weather.

Now, I understand that the person I would say this to will never see this - trust me, I get it, but here it is:

I'm just fine.  My demons and my disappointments are my own, not something done to me.

Byron put it better than me:

"There is that within me which shall tire/ Torture and Time, and breathe when I expire."

Wow.  Maybe I'm turning into a winner after all.  I'd enjoy that.  Come on, universe, I can take it, smile on me.  I won't waste a minute of the joy on offer.

No comments: