Friday, April 06, 2012

Note to self

So, it's been a week of setbacks.  I've overreacted to some things, and underreacted to others, and generally been a mess, as per usual.  (I hope something magical happens to me someday and transforms me into a person who has a handle on things, but somehow I doubt it.  Ah, depression gene, hello again.)

But tonight, at least, I went to do a show at an awesome theatre with a truly lovely cast.  And for at least these last few weeks, I remembered something important: I am still a winner.  Right now, this moment, I get to go do something I love almost every night.  Sure, it's nearly over, and that breaks my heart because I don't have the next project booked.  Of course I'm terrified.  What if I never get to do this again?  When I'm not doing a show, it's like living in exile.

So tonight, I was surprised and pleased to concentrate on the task at hand:  do your job, it's the exact one you wanted.

I got a job I really, really wanted.  And I love doing it.

Now if only, if only, if only....I can get another.


No comments: