Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Parents

I love my parents.  So much.  They are both completely terrific people and I am so lucky that they brought me up and made me who I am.

That said, I am hitting saturation point with my mother.  I kind of want to...no, I don't want to hit her, I just want to start screaming.

It started early.  When they arrived a whole day early.  ON my doorstep.  While I was still three hours away by car.  That's right, waiting on my doorstep a whole day early which meant all those last minute cleaning projects couldn't get done, none of the grocery shopping prep got done, none of the hey-let's-have-sex-before-your-parents-get-here got done, none of the final clean up/get organized/prepare oneself stuff GOT DONE.

So it should be no surprise that three days in, I'm near to breaking.

Oh, this weekend's trip ought to be fun.

But the hard thing is that I still adore them and want to make them happy every second.

Like I said, this will be fun.

No comments: