Monday, August 05, 2013

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'ALL.  Y'ALL!

I just booked a national commercial.

Seriously, someone is going to pay me some insane amount of money to stand in front of a camera and talk about something for 30 seconds, and then eventually you will see my smiling face on your tv telling you thing is great (and frankly, it sounds pretty great), and eventually I will get a check for that insane amount of money and I will get to put that ad right smack on my resume and think, "BOO-YAH."

There are so many good sides to this I can't even begin to tell you about it.

Actually, there's a whole section of good sides I can't get into right now - we'll just save those for another post.

But here are two I can let you in on:

1 - the audition was at a casting agent I rarely get called into.  Now, you don't have to be a genius to see that if someone starts booking things, you are far more likely to call them again.  So I hope this translates into further opportunity.

2 - the audition was through an agent I like and want to earn money for - I want to be one of the people they trust to send out on bigger and bigger auditions.  A bunch of movie and tv stuff is filming in the next year or so in Chicago, and while I have no expectation of being cast in any of it, I haven't ever been called in to audition for one tiny speck of it, so it would be great if I could at least start being seen.  That's where the money is, of course, and that's where the validation of doing this for a "living" comes in - anyone can believe in you when they've seen your mug on tv.  (And to take away the money aspect, I think all that work would be really fascinating - I've never done much of it, so for me it would be a cool gig to see how it works.)

To back up: just plain getting and doing this job is going to be a monetary windfall at a VERY convenient time, but I also hope it gives me some greater possibilities down the line.

But all of that is far more rational that I feel.  I feel:  wheeeeeeeee!!!!!  You know in a life of rejection, it feels really really really good to freakin' book one.

I mean.  Really good.  I hope everybody's having as good a day as this one.

No comments: