Thursday, August 08, 2013

The unsung

I'm pretty tired, and it was a really long day, genuinely tiring, but it was a really cool experience to shoot this commercial today. I want to write about it in more detail, though I can't do it all justice tonight.  Tonight I just want to say how much work goes on behind the scenes of something like that, work that no one ever sees.  In fact, if you were aware of that work, it would probably mean it was being done poorly.

Trust me, though I'm the only person you'll see on-screen, there were probably over 30 people working on this thing today, and most of them were working their butts off.  From the continuity lady making sure every word is correct, to the prop guys painstakingly cleaning and resetting everything I touched, to the wardrobe lady who bought a trillion tops in order to get they would approve for me to wear, and a whole host of other people who were working really hard and I don't even know their titles...it's amazing, a ton of people are working to make small things seem effortless and easy.

It was a really nice crew.  I hope I get to work with some of them again someday.

No comments: