Sunday, November 20, 2011

Old

Tonight I was asked if the 23-year-old with me was my daughter.  I have recently been feeling (and vocally complaining) that I look and feel old.  Now it is absolutely confirmed that apparently any youth I had is behind me and never coming back.

I wish I could tell you I'm ready to be homely and wrinkled and not care about age, but instead I'm about to hole up in my bed and weep.

What makes me really sad is that I bet there are times in my life I've been really attractive, and times I've actually felt that I looked attractive, but any time I feel I look pretty the photographs prove me wrong, and any time the photo of me makes me think, hey, I look kinda nice here!  I know at the time I felt ugly and unattractive.  Why can I not synch these up better than that?

And why do I have to care at all?  Why can't I just embrace getting old and having lines on my face?

Why must I be so very vain?  It's annoying.

No comments: