Friday, July 20, 2012

Chemical

Lots of good things are happening, but I have been having a truly lousy few days.  Like last summer, the ability to deal rationally and maturely with minor irritants seems to have fled.  This leads me to wonder:

1.  Do I have some sort of reverse seasonal disorder where the heat of the summer makes me unaccountably unstable?

2. Is it just that I haven't been in a play for over two months and without my work to recalibrate me, I'm unable to function properly?

3. Is my mother entirely right and it's just hormonally that part of the monthly cycle?  I'd vote for this one except I can't seem to cry.  Normally, the only time I can really break down in tears on any provocation is for a short four or five day stretch in a month when things affect me more strongly.

On the up side, if I can find something good to hang on to until December, I'll have a whole 6 months of awesome projects, and that's exciting.

On the down side, I find myself continuing to make colossal mistakes.  I'm old now, when do I learn how to do anything at all correctly or well or successfully?

Ok, that last is hyperbole.  I did something well in order to book the awesome project #3, and I feel very happy about that.  It's just that one lone happiness is getting swallowed up by the ocean of mistakes I'm perpetrating.

So, to recap:  feeling horrible.  Hope it will pass soon.  If it doesn't, I'll snap out of it right around Christmas 2012.

Or....something magical will happen, money will fall in my lap and I can go visit the UK.  I'd like that a lot.  Road Trip #2, universe.  I call on you to make it happen.

Also, I do want to thank the universe for not having anyone die on my birthday this year.  That was a nice change.  I appreciate the break.

No comments: