Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Placeholder

Traveling.  I like it.  Being afloat, being outside the day to day.  Being away from one life, though firmly planted in another, one I leave behind most days.

Things I've been seeing:

The eyes of a friend in the face of their child.
Clouds rolling over a sunset, then lightning scratching at the sky, then hail, then the moon breathing out above the subsiding clouds.
The inner workings of a community I can respect, and people I adore at the center of that community, off fighting the good fight hundreds of miles away.
Friends who abide.  They all keep pieces of me, some I need daily, some I've forgotten about, some that embarrass me, some that appall me, but all pieces, and some of those pieces I have very much needed to see again.
Kind waitresses.
Doctors who have the power to give better life through better medication.
The stubborn, stubborn face of my mother as she decides to misunderstand me.  Even when it takes more energy.
Sexy southern men, the rumpled, khaki-wearing ones with hair that ought to be cut and an accent that can melt my bones...the ones with the Ben Silver bowties. Roawr.
Pictures of myself that wound my ego and my vanity.
The clock turning 3..4..5 am...but I don't want to sleep because there's too much to talk about.

Sleep.  More later, when I can think about it all. Bless you, friends.  There are more of you to see...



No comments: