Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Holding pattern

Ever had to wait to find something out?  Time passes very slowly.

Here are some thing I should be doing with the endless time:
  • Balance my checkbooks.  I have no idea what's going on with my money right now, and whether I have the faintest chance in the world to earn enough to pay the bills I currently have, much less buy anything new or travel.
  • Finish the two separate crochet projects I have in progress.  One's nearly done, the other barely a glimmer in my eye.  But both are for specific people, so they need to get done. (Hey, JRA, one's for you!!)
  • Mail a birthday present to my best friend.  (Hey, girl, if you're checking this out!)  It's sitting in my living room being all adorable.  Her birthday was in April.  I sort of suck.
  • Write a different friend a letter.  (Hey, P, if you're checking this out!)  I got a why-can't-we-go-have-coffee-all-the-time note from him recently, and it would be lovely to respond with a real life, analog, honest-to-god letter, because the truth is I think of him often and my life would be greatly improved by being able to go have coffee with him more often than, say, once or twice every eight years.
  • Clean the bedroom.  Extensively.  Throw a bunch of things away (really, this means to give them to Goodwill/the Brown Elephant, but it amounts to the same thing:  those items should leave my house and go be useful to someone else). If I clean the bedroom I can rearrange the bedroom, and I have a feeling that either I will absolutely love the bedroom in a new configuration or it just plain can't be done. One of those.
  • Work on my novella.  What, you don't think I have one?  I do.  It's just I haven't touched it for about 18 months.  Oh, wait, and recently I discovered everything I write is worth nothing.  But I could at least finish it before I decide it's worthless and throw it away.
Of course, I have accomplished none of these things.  I have barely managed to dress and feed myself, and my recent cleaning of the house was cursory at best.

I remain preoccupied with waiting until I find out certain pieces of information.

No comments: