Monday, May 27, 2013

Knuckle down

A whole week to myself, and I accomplished exactly one and a half crochet projects.  SIGH.  Not another thing off my list.

Right.  I'm going to knuckle down and get to WORK.  Sort of.  If I have the energy.

At least I start a monkey...a crocheted monkey, that is.

Happy Memorial Day, folks.  I remember happily two years ago was the hottest day we'd had in Chicago for about six months - it was finally hot hot hot outside, and sunny, and hubby and I walked about six miles down by the lake out where everyone in the world was barbequing.  Sadly, today was chilly and overcast and drab, and the weather affects my mood more than I want to admit.  Still, some part of that warm, joyful ease of finally being hot again, of winter finally ending, is part of the memory of what Memorial Day is, and I'm trying to remember that.

Writing that, I'm realizing I'm really worried I'm staring down a winter of no acting work, an never-ending season of unrelenting cold.  I'm just trying to calm my anxiety by remembering work will come.  I need to be active to get it, but if I stop being lazy and start auditioning, something will happen.  Just because nothing is booked doesn't mean nothing will ever happen.

(Worse, the two recent quick and simple projects someone asked me to do without me lifting a finger to work for it were both things I would be out of town for, which is so disappointing.  I mean, here I am terrified I won't work, someone offers me something to do, and I can't do it because of prior plans.  I really feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot at those moments.  Oh, well.  I decided a long time ago I should try not to let my family time/vacation time be hostage to my "career".  Let's see how silly that decision turns out to be!)

No comments: