Friday, June 21, 2013

Someone else's house

I need a nap in the worst way, but I'm babysitting, and while this fantastic child is currently asleep (thank heaven for just this moment), I am guessing if I lay down and close my eyes, he will decide to wake up.

Still, it's raining, and the windows are open in the back of this flat, and it's such a peaceful place to be, here in someone else's house, without my own baggage and without my own mess-I-haven't-cleaned-up and with the rain coming down outside.

Now if the people in the apartment upstairs would stop having a party or re-arranging furniture or whatever loud thing is making it sound like herds of elephants live upstairs, it would be entirely lovely.

Lord, I hope beyond hope we are not this loud to our downstairs neighbors.

No comments: