Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weary

I am tired beyond anything I've felt in my life.  There are times I've had less sleep than this, but this is less like physical exhaution and more like being underneath a very deep expanse of water.  The effort it took me to walk 6 blocks today was sort of hilarious - I had to sit down in the park halfway and rest.

The resting was entertaining because there was a fountain in the midst of the square where I stopped, and two ladies, seemingly unconnected to each other, had jumped a fence and plowed through some very expensive landscaping to splash around in that fountain.  While part of me looked askance at them because they clearly had to trample some plants to get in there, the other part of me said, you know, ladies, more power to you.  There's a fountain there, and you're daring to use it.

Eventually it turned out one of the ladies had left her socks right where I chose to sit down, and rather than participate in what would surely have been a very long conversation, I decided to press onwards.  I was lucky there was a bench sitting outside the elevator when I arrived at my destination.

That destination was an audition.  One in which I had to get super excited and jump around.  I will level with you: I did not think I would be able to do that.  But shockingly, when the moment came, apparently I had some reserve power.

Now I have collapsed on the sofa and I am cursing the board meeting I must attend tonight.

No comments: