Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Getting back to the groove

Whew.  Nothing quite like leaving your parents home and getting back to your own to make a thirty-something girl feel like a grown-up again.  I managed to take a large portion of stuff out of the closet, and make a really good stab at tossing some things I no longer need while hanging on to things that are still important.  Letters from campers 18 years ago, campers I cannot visualize, that end LYLAS?  Gone.  Letters from one of my best friends at age 19 who is still one of my best friends?  Kept. 

Re-entry to my actual life is still tricky, as this is the beginning of school and I am way behind in terms of planning anything.  Heh.

I did smuggle three bags of trash and four boxes of old clothes/flotsam/detrius out of the house, never to return.  It isn't much, but it feels good to toss some things physically, as it allows one to toss some things mentally.  At least I hope it does.

Brownlee, I know the danger of nostalgia, I do, but sometimes you don't see the journey until you look back.  Also, as stupid, vain, whiny, irritating, and boorish as I was to everyone around me, it's nice to see with what generousity I was treated by my friends.  Thanks, all.  Especially the four people I know read this on occasion.  I've saved letters from all of you. 

Smootches.

No comments: