Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Procrastination

Yes, I need to put a budget together and plan my upcoming classes and register my car in IL and exercise and write a letter and make dinner and re-pot the plants in the window and sort through all the stuff I brought home and fold all the laundry and make the bed and...

In short, I have work to do.  But I don't wanna.

Last week my Dad was in town and we went to a few museums.  We got split up pretty quickly due to our different speeds, and so I spent the morning wandering around learning things.  Or, if not actually learning, re-experiencing.  A lot of modern art leaves me shrugging, but sometimes a piece really grabs me.  I built my own airplane on a computer at one point, and tried again to absorb how airplane wings actually make a plane fly.  (It's seems counter-intuitive, no?)  I learned that certain cells in my body are constantly replacing themselves while others stay put for a lifetime.  Turns out my gut has replaced itself about 33 times, but the brain I came in with will be with me when I leave.  (Gulp.)  My resting heartbeat is somewhere between 55-60 (pretty good).  I was fascinated by the wave simulator detailing tsunamis.

In contrast, this week there's little to learn.  Harumph.  I guess the onus is on me to go looking for something new.

I suppose the logical thing to do is stop procrastinating and get some of this work done.

All right, laundry.  You and me are going to have a showdown...

No comments: