Thursday, June 30, 2011

Let fly

Time: 5:30 am
Place: Chicago's Lakefront Bike Path
Weather: Sun rising, between 65-75 degrees
Destination:  Michigan Avenue workplace
Music: Elbow: "One Day Like This"
Mood:  Complete Bliss

The past two mornings I have ridden my bike from Andersonville down to work in the above conditions.  It's fantastic.  It's almost like flying.

I am regretting several of the last few posts, and might take them down.  After all, should one ruminate on one's own foolishness? Is it healthy to look back and compare then to now?  And of course, if you act like a fool and have proof you were a fool, should you leave it on the internet for all to see?

I think the answer is no to all of the above.

In the meantime, I am drinking a cup of tea and wishing I could go hiking over Catbells, though by this time of year it would be crowded with people, which I don't want.  I think I'd like to find a mountain to climb - not metaphorically, a literal mountain.  I want the physical sensation of having to move my body up an obstacle.

I'm not making a lot of sense these days - Life is wonderful and laughing about 75% of the time, and the other 25% is on an endless loop of questioning, as if my brain is trying to win a complicated chess game and pushing all the moves ahead to see what the consequences are. Consequences - yes, I am working out the consequences bit by bit.  I am not sure there is a way to win this chess game.  But I'm not a very good chess player.

I may need to say goodbye to things I really like having in my life, and I've never been good at that either.

Something I am good at: hand-woven pot holders.  Though I need one of those frames that come with the kit.

No comments: