Sunday, March 03, 2013

Palm Court

Y'all!  Y'ALL.  I sang with a swing band last night for a couple of numbers, just as a tryout to see if they would be interested in having me sing as a sub sometimes.  It was super fun (duh), the band is SMOKIN', and it was all around an exciting experience.

The guy who asked me to stop by hung out and chatted on his break, explaining the Palm Court at the Drake Hotel is where all the famous jazz and swing bands played in the 30's and 40's - Glenn Miller, for instance, and a whole mess of awesomely famous people.

On the way home it struck me.

I HAVE NOW SUNG IN THE SAME ROOM THAT GLENN MILLER PLAYED.

That's...it's...I'm...

It's pretty cool.  Also, the band sounded amazing, and not only were they outrageously fun to sing with, I may get to do a whole gig with them sometime.

It was a really really good night.

No comments: