Friday, March 01, 2013

Snow

Snow is dusting down like flecks of powdered sugar and I have just finished my omelet-made-with-one-slice-of-bacon, and I'm stuck between taking the day for myself and tending to a million other things.  I have a talent for indolence, I'm afraid, and though sometimes I spend my indolence meaningfully, by reading a really good book or talking to interesting people, I more often simply fritter it away.

The quandry is that I enjoy the indolence so much, but I am well aware giving into it means I don't achieve other goals.  I should be auditioning, for instance, and when this next show is over, I will gnash my teeth in frustration but it will be at least partly my own fault for not staying out there auditioning.

Oh, well.  Let's be honest. Sometimes you need to fall back and regroup.  And weirdly, sometimes you need to stay un-busy so that the strange, unforeseen opportunity can fall into your lap.

Those are my justifications for watching an episode of The Horse Doctor next.  Heh.

No comments: