Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bike Ride

Rode down to work on the bike today, despite the 30 degree temperature.  It was lovely, if creaky and slow.  Six weeks off the bike really puts one out of practice.  Still, I turned up the music and it was sunny and clear, and it helped me feel more in control and happier.  I don't really understand why, on days when I have nothing specific to do, I don't take long bike rides on the lakefront because it always improves my mood.

I'm thinking about something, and if I write it down, maybe it will be clear what I should do.  An actress in town is starting an online magazine for female actors, and has put out a call for articles.  I'm thinking about trying to write something for her/the magazine, because it seems like the sort of world I'm writing about anyway here.  But I'm stumped because I don't know what sort of thing I could write and stand behind.  There are plenty of things I think about other productions and people and ways to behave that I would happily tell a friend but would hesitate to put out there in a larger platform with my head shot attached to it for everyone to judge.  Because let's face it, for every person that might read something I wrote and be amused, there's probably two or three who would think, "What does she know," or "That is absolutely wrong," or "OMG, she just trashed me without naming me!"

And to ask the larger question, do I have anything I have a burning need to share with the community at large?  Is there anything special about me and my experience that could speak to anyone in the community?  It's hard to believe there could be.

No comments: