Monday, February 18, 2013

One thing at a time

Turns out, if you give up one thing, it's pretty certain your resistance and willpower is going to get used up concentrating on that one thing.  Other things are going to get through, things you have been resisting just in the natural course of things.

So, I'm on a diet.  It's taking most of my brain power right now.

A lot of other things are sliding. I'm sleeping too late, watching too much tv, letting myself walk a lot of  the time I ought to be "running".  I'm behind on a lot of stuff, including writing anything at all here or elsewhere.

But you know what?  It's ok.  I'm just going to take one thing at a time, and enjoy this app that tells me I should reach my goal weight by...May 17.  And I did run/walk outside today before the temperature dropped and it started raining, so I'm doing all right.



No comments: