Thursday, February 14, 2013

Oh. Ohhhh. Oooohhhhhhhhhhhh.

Y'all.  My life changed drastically today.  I had a massage.

I am blissed out in the extreme.  Don't get me wrong, I have had massages before, professional massages, but not for years and years.  This was...dim lighting and a heated table and aromatherapy.

It was fantastic.

It was a present.  I gotta say, if you want someone to really appreciate that you care about their well-being?  Give the gift of massage.  Someone once mentioned to me that they got massages because otherwise they didn't get touched enough.  That made sense to me until today.  Because even in a life where I would say I am touched quite a lot, I never get touched like that.  Even my awesome husband giving me a massage (which he does, cause he's awesome, and its awesome) doesn't feel like that.

I thought it would be weird to have a man as a therapist, and that I would inevitably and inappropriately think of sex.  Fair enough, I was totally thinking about sex at some point, but the therapist had nothing to do with that, and in fact almost didn't exist.  I was sort of surprised and disgruntled when he had a conversation with me at the end.  These disembodied hands suddenly attached themselves to a person with whom I had to have some sort of polite relationship, a fact I resented a bit.  Come on, disembodied hands!  Go on about your business and stop making me think about you as a person.

Of course, he was perfectly nice.  But nicer was just lying there remembering that I live inside my body, the one that really enjoys being touched.

Best part?  Massage one of three.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: