Friday, July 15, 2011

Change of pace

So much death talk around here!  Let's change it up. 

Today, an open letter to the many Matts in my life.

Dear Matts I-III, which in my own parlance I'd label Earth Angel, Jug Ears, and Floppy Hair:

You know, thanks.  All three of you tried to be my friend, in different ways, and though I was really lobbying for you to love me (or in a few cases, just care enough to snog me on sight), all three of you tried to let me down as easily as possible.  And I was a mess with all three of you - I took it personally, I whined, I made accusations, I acted childishly.  All of which behavior I'M CERTAIN confirmed that you were absolutely right to move ahead and find someone more sane to date, or kiss, or romance.

Dear Matt IV (we'll call you "Steve"):

Thanks for teaching me what true disinterest looks like.  Wow, that sounds really snarky but I'm actually grateful.  I have run into disinterest again recently, and I can recognize it (I think) for what it is.  And look!  I didn't take it personally!  Mostly.

Lesson: Just because someone loses interest doesn't mean you aren't interesting.  However, it still stings.

No comments: