Thursday, July 28, 2011

Clearing

You know what I like?  Books. 

You know what else I like?  Being in plays.

You know what I'm doing for the next eight or nine days?  Reading books and being in plays. 

So, it turns out I can enjoy myself after all. No, I don't have big parts and that's still hard to deal with, but I'm still having fun and there are fun people around.  It is really beautiful to have my whole job be just being in plays, though.  I'd forgotten how much I like that.

In other news, I am both happy and frustrated to report I got a request to audition for one of the theatres I did a general audition for back a few weeks ago.  I'm absolutely thrilled to get the request - I feel like I must be doing something right, finally, or the company would never bother.  Sadly, I am still here in Michigan when the audition takes place, dammit.  So I can't currently go.  Grrr.  It's so irritating to find my timing is so off.  But on the whole, the request still makes me feel much more positive.  And there's always a chance that I'll be able to make an audition on another day - I'm not sure what their schedule is.

I would love for everything to turn around for me...would LOVE to get back to being permanently gleeful.  Or at least getting to do what I love and feeling like the path to making money at doing what I love is open, not closed.

In the meantime, I went to the farmer's market today and had a wonderful time chatting with my friend.  One of the stands had breakfast for sale, actual farm eggs and farm bacon cooked to order and it was delicious.  Then I bought raspberries and blueberries and beans and black cherries.  And I came back to the tiny little place I am staying and made myself a cup of tea.  The next time I'm required to do something will be tonight at 5 pm.  Right now, in this moment, life is utterly blissful: I'm going to go sit on the porch, eat cherries and read silly books.  Then, tonight, I'll strap on a broadsword and run around the woods pretending stuff.  It's great!

1 comment:

hg said...

love the first 3 paragraphs of this post! sounds lovely!