Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Thunder, lightning, and in rain

It rained last night on Macbeth, which was sort of awesome, and ended up getting me home at a reasonable hour.  I was in my pajamas reading by 11:30 pm, and in bed one serving of cherry pie later.  Ah.

I know shortly I have to go back to the real world and to real work, and also to really being broke, but for the next three days, it's all books and food and music.  One of my friends has promised to teach me some new songs and I know tonight we'll all get to wail on a few good country numbers - pre-show of Midsummer Night's Dream, there are 3 guitars, a banjo, a harmonica, and occasionally a vibraphone that mix in different combinations to play country versions of Dead Flowers, California Stars (that one is totally awesome), Jolene, Took a Lot of Pills and Died, I'll Fly Away, This Land is Your Land, and a few others I can't remember.  I love it.  We tried to work up Patty Griffin's Long Ride Home, but it's too complicated to master quickly, and no one knows it well enough to put it in performance.

But it's really nice to sing like a banshee, and add the harmonies in for some of those tunes.  I can be pretty happy, knowing that's coming.

Now, to nap.  Ahhh. 

No comments: