Monday, August 01, 2011

Some silence

I had the rental house to myself this morning, and it was lovely.  Well, really afternoon, since I slept until about 11:30, necessary after getting to bed at 3-4 am. (Completely worth it, as that involved getting to sing along with 4 guitars at once last night - wow.)

At the house, I cleaned, I folded laundry, I rearranged the refrigerator, I made some lunch, I took everything out of my bag, cleaned the bag, and put everything back in.  Mostly in an intense silence - this house is in the woods and far enough away from other houses to be isolated.  I liked it, although it got even better when I finally figured out I could set up my computer to play some background music and sing along. 

It feels good to be alone right now.  And I am happy that being alone makes me feel stronger instead of scared and weak.  I feel returned to myself, I feel like there's a center there somewhere that I might still like if I can get back to it.  I'm happy I'm not scared by silence.  It means I have a reservoir of peace somewhere.

And the house is really beautiful.  It's a pleasure to clean it - though I did get burned because the "cleaner" left in the house is actually watered down bleach, which has now quasi-ruined one of my favorite shirts.  Oh, well.  I seem to destroy clothes whether I want to or not, so maybe I should just accept I won't ever be able to wear anything "favorite" for long.

Ok, off to work with interns on their scenes. 

No comments: