Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Showing up

Perversely, in the midst of the awesome project, where I'm working amongst people who are clearly at the top if their game, I feel the most talentless.

And now, on our day off, there's an audition.  And I'm making myself go.  Making myself.  As in, I must go.  Because it is at least 70% likely that I will not be good enough to catch their attention.  But if I don't go, I absolutely won't.

But today, it's hard. I just...fine.  I won't procrastinate going by writing this.  I'll just go and report back later if I bombed.  Or even got in.  Ugh.

Hello, rejection, remember me?  I know, I know, you've been saving a spot for me.  Be right there.

***

Well, that could have gone better.  For once, I'm being completely straight and honest (not self-pitying or falsely modest) when I say, I just plain wasn't good enough tonight.  I wouldn't cast me.  Sometimes I do pretty well.  This was not one of those times.  I feel out of practice.

To say the least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.