Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Whoa, kid

I just got schooled by a twelve year old.  He just got back from Broadway to be in my awesome project, or as certain performers tend to term it for no reason I can ascertain, "The Broadway" (where "the" is pronounced "thu" - imagine super skinny dancers drawling out  - thu Broaadwaay).  

This kid is hilarious.  He's already played the role he's playing in the awesome project once before so he's got it memorized, and as much fun as he just had on Broadway, he claims he thinks he might stop acting once he gets into high school, because he'll need to concentrate on his schoolwork, since he'd like to be a lawyer or in business.

But he totally loves it right now.  You should hear him talk about the curtain rising and the set getting a laugh at the top of the second act.  He's a pro beyond pro.

He is completely and totally self-possessed.  Working at the top of the field.  And convinced he'll get out before real-life really starts.

Don't misunderstand me - he may do absolutely that, and good for him.  But it's funny to chat with a ten year old who has already achieved what you can barely dream about, and plans to chuck it when he gets to your age.  Not that I feel bad.  He's charming, this kid, and his success makes me glad for him. He's got his head on straight, and he's funny!

I like him.  I look forward to seeing him on thu Broaaadwaaay.

No comments: